RE: [xsl] generate XHTML header without causing xmlns attributes in e.g. <table>?

Subject: RE: [xsl] generate XHTML header without causing xmlns attributes in e.g. <table>?
From: Flemming Jønsson <flj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:46:45 +0200
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply.

> The problem isn't the xmlns="" declarations, the problem is
> that you have put the <table> element is in the wrong
> namespace (actually, in no namespace). Show us how you
> produce the table element. If you put the element in the
> right namespace, the namespace declarations will look after
> themselves.
>
> Michael Kay

I thought I had to declare the name space in the xsl:template line like this:

<xsl:template name="exparameters" match="EX_PARAMETERS" xml:space="preserve" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
    <thead>

But the resulting table tag in XHTML is:
  <thead>

How do I go about setting the correct name space then?

Regards,
Flemming Joensson