[xsl] URGENT!! encoding header changing after transforming

Subject: [xsl] URGENT!! encoding header changing after transforming
From: "Pramodh Peddi" <peddip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:07:32 -0400
Hi,

I am using Java's Transformer API to transform the xml content.

The xml source has "windows-1252" encoding and xsl is in "windows-1252"
encoding. But the resultant transformed file has "UTF-8" encoding. When I
use XMLSpy, the encoding is changed to "UTF-16", irrespective of the
encoding of xml source and xsl is. The transformation is working fine, but
later I am getting problems while parsing the transformed file (I am using
JDOM parser).

Can I know the reason. Is there any way to force the transformer to preserve
the encoding as is? I am not good in these encoding stuff, is there any
information on internet on encoding stuff with xml/xsl?

Thanks in advance.

pp.