RE: [xsl] Reference problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] Reference problem
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:11:00 +0300
Hi,

> First of all, thanks of answering me. I have copied your xslt
> program and
> tried to run it, but the xslt processor declares 3 errors
> (for x unknown
> namespace) so i have removed the 'x' and placed the datatypes
> at the start
> of the document (as below) but it does not suceeded. What's

x was just a namespace that I used to be able to embed the mapping elements into the stylesheets. You need to declare e.g. xmlns:x="x".

> wrong with this.
> Can we simply make a named template (getDaTyID) with a
> parameter  for doing
> the job?.
> Thanks again.
> <xsl:template match="/">
>     <document>
>         <dataTypes>
>             <dataType id="1" name="string"/>
>             <dataType id="2" name="integer"/>
>            <dataType id="3" name="float"/>
>         </dataTypes>
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="variables"/>
>         </document>
> </xsl:template>
> <xsl:template match="var">
>     <xsl:copy>
>       <xsl:apply-templates select="@name"/>
>       <xsl:for-each select="@type">
>         <xsl:element name="{local-name()}">
>           <xsl:attribute name="idref">
>             <xsl:value-of
> select="document('')/*/dataTypes/dataType[@name =

This will not work, as a stylesheet cannot contain elements in null-namespace. Add the namespace prefix and declare the namespace—makes no difference what the URI is (as long as it isn't XSLT's namespace URI).

Cheers,

Jarno - DE/VISION: Endlose Traume