RE: [xsl] generating fragments of HTML tables from different templates

Subject: RE: [xsl] generating fragments of HTML tables from different templates
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:58:09 +0100
XSLT stylesheets define a transformation from a source tree to a result
tree. An element in the stylesheet causes an element node to be written
to the result tree.

You are imagining that a start tag in the stylesheet causes a start tag
to be written to a textual result document: you have got the model
wrong. Writing an element node is an indivisible operation.

So what's the answer to your problem? As usual, it's
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping

Michael Kay