Re: [xsl] XSLT Process for Linux ---

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Process for Linux ---
From: Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:34:26 +0300 (EEST)
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Larry Kollar wrote:

> > has anyone experience installing an XSLT Processor (such as Xalan, XT
> > or
> > FastSaxon) on a system running Linux?
> Larger Linux distributions should provide packages of the more popular
> processors, either on CD or through the web sites. Actual installation
> instructions depend on the package you want, the package format (rpm,
> deb, tar.gz) and the package manager you use.
> If you have Gnome installed, you most likely have libxml2 installed
> already; it includes a command-line processor called xsltproc.
> --
> Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
> "The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."
> -- Paul Tyson, on xml-doc

Yes, I have installed and tested /used for example Xalan-J, Xalan-C,
Saxon 7.x, jd.xslt and xsltproc with various RedHat versions without
signifigant problems. What seems to be your problem?

Jarkko Moilanen          "The box said that is needs
Project Manager           Windows 95 or better... So I
jm60697 at         installed Linux."
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management