RE: [xsl] Immediately preceding-sibling

Subject: RE: [xsl] Immediately preceding-sibling
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:41:19 +0100
> Thanks everyone, this was just what I was looking for! I'm
> not sure I understand the '[self::nospace]' part, though (the
> rest is clear to me). Could anyone explain the 'grammar' for me?

self::nospace selects the context node if it is a nospace element, or
nothing if it is not. So its value is a set of zero or one nodes. When
used in a boolean context such as [], a node-set containing one node
evaluates to true and an empty node-set to false. So XXX[self::nospace]
returns those nodes in XXX that are nospace elements.

Michael Kay