RE: [xsl] position() returns what?

Subject: RE: [xsl] position() returns what?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:58:45 +0100
When position() returns 2,4,6,8 it is because you are processing the
whitespace text nodes between the elements, as well as the elements
themselves. Use xsl:strip-space to get rid of the whitespace nodes, or
use <xsl:apply-templates select="*"> to avoid processing them.

But you might find that generate-id() is a better solution to your
problem than position() - I can't tell from your description.

Michael Kay