[xsl] Displaying xml with xsl and without?

Subject: [xsl] Displaying xml with xsl and without?
From: "Diana Garroway" <dgarroway98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:11:46 -0300
Hello,

The problem that I am trying to solve sounds simple, but after hours of searching, I have yet to find a solution. Here is what I have:

Report.xml --> output from a testing program.
ReportStyle.xsl --> Style sheet that nicely displays the data

Currently when the user clicks on Report.xml, it opens in their favorite web browser (everything is client side, no internet involved) with the nice ReportStyle.xsl ( by using the <?xml-stylesheet> tag within Report.xml ).

This is exactly the behavior I desire since it is OS/brower independent, completely on the client side and the client only needs to worry about a single output file (the Report.xml).

However here is my problem:

From within the Report.html page (generated by ReportStyle.xsl), I would
like to have a link to open Report.xml in a new page, but this time as straight xml (i.e. just ignore the <?xml-stylesheet> tag!!). I can put the path into Report.xml in a node, in itself, but I would rather not. Is there a sort of "view-source" for xml?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Diana