RE: [xsl] xml and xslt to html attribute problems

Subject: RE: [xsl] xml and xslt to html attribute problems
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:00:59 +0200
Hi,

> Hello, I want to use sth. like

What is "sth"?

>     <topic name="Mygreatlongword<br>onabeautifulmorning">
>
>  with following xslt code

> to get this html code

>     Mygreatlongword
>     onabeautifulmorning
>

> But I can´t use a <br> in the quotes in my xml file. Is there
> any other
> solution?

No. That is malformed XML, you can't have unescaped LESS-THAN SIGN character in attribute value. Change your source document to

  <topic>

or use a LINE FEED in your source

  <topic name="Mygreatlongword&#xA;onabeautifulmorning">

and write or copy/paste a recursive template that replaces the LINE FEED with a br element. See the FAQ on how to do this.

Cheers,

Jarno - Cycloon: Nemesis