RE: [xsl] non-breaking whitespace

Subject: RE: [xsl] non-breaking whitespace
From: Saverio Perugini <sperugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:25:55 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > <xsl:text>&#160</xsl:text>
> Trailing SEMICOLON missing.

> > <xsl:text>&#xA0</xsl:text>
> Again.

> > Finally, I managed to get
> > <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;nbsp;</xsl:text> to work.

> Oh, you want the general entity nbsp. If you absolute need to have the general entity, then d-o-e is the only way, *if* your processor doesn't output NO-BREAK SPACE characters using the nbsp entity. But you shouldn't need to care whether you have &nbsp;, &160;, &#xA0;, or   (NO-BREAK SPACE character as such), they're all the same character in the end (unless you've defined a entity with the name nbsp that doesn't map to NO-BREAK SPACE).

I agree, I don't need to care whether I get an &nbsp;, &160;, &#xA0;, or
Â.  My xslt processor is producing an  in the resulting HTML file, and
unfortunately that character is showing up in my browser literally
and not as a non-breaking whitespace.

Adding the semicolons above also produces an  described above.

Thank You and Best Regards,
Saverio