RE: [xsl] non-breaking whitespace

Subject: RE: [xsl] non-breaking whitespace
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:28:23 -0500
[Saverio Perugini]

> > What do you mean by saying it "didn't work"? What did it
> actually put in
> > the output? My bet is that it output a non-breaking space
> character, and
> > you didn't recognize it on the screen, because it displays
> just like a
> > space.
>
> When I viewed the resulting HTML file, it had an "A hat" character
> (i.e., a capital A with a caret over it) where I intended the
> space.

That is usually a tip-off that the viewer is using a different encoding
than the actual file being viewed.  Did you "view" the output file in a
browser or in a text editor?  After you correct the missing ";" that
jarno pointed out, and you view the file in a browser, if you still get
the same result you need to specify that the output file be produced
with the same encoding that the browser is set for, or you have to make
sure that the right encoding declaration (a <meta> element in HTML) is
being placed into the file.

Cheers,

Tom P