Re: [xsl] Re: U+ conversion to Unicode characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: U+ conversion to Unicode characters
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:42:28 GMT
> followed by an ogonek.  The behavior seems perfectly logical, but I was
> expecting (hoping for) something different -- lowercase a with an ogonek
> attached ( or & # x00105;).

It's not really an xsl question in that xsl can only generate the text
streamn with the two unicode characters. Whether or not the renderer
recognises that that is a combining character sequence and renders it
accordingly is a feature of the browser rather than xsl.

Of course for those cases where there are precomposed characters already
in unicode you could get the xsl to output the precomposed character,
although xslt's string handling wouldn't really make it the language of
choice for that operation, and it might be better to pass the output (or
input) of the transform through a dedicated unicode normaliser.

On the other hand if there are only two or three such cases in your
example docs, you could use the string-replace template from the FAQ and
replace these pairs.

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew