Re: [xsl] getting crlf's, but putting only lf's (i think)

Subject: Re: [xsl] getting crlf's, but putting only lf's (i think)
From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:54:12 -0500

XML normalizes line-breaks when it reads them in, losing the information
about whether they were expressed as LF, CR, or CRLF. An XML processor
shouldn't care which of those three options you used.

I can't vouch for other processors, but when Xalan-J serializes XML back to
text we render the XML line-break using whatever representation Java tells
us is the standard for the platform we're running on. When our output stays
in the XML domain (SAX or DOM), that conversion is not appropriate and is
not applied.