Re: [xsl] cdata-section-elements - not wrapping real xml in cdata markers

Subject: Re: [xsl] cdata-section-elements - not wrapping real xml in cdata markers
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:46:24 GMT
> I guess it's happening b/c I only told the processor that the text of
> myElement itself should be cdata, but once there's valid xml inside (ie.
> more elements), then it's a new element.  (correct me if I'm wrong.)

not a new element, but the cdata-section hint only applies to text
nodes, clearly you can't have elements inside a CDATA section, that's
their whole point.

If you are trying to produce
then note that this is the same as
<abc>&lt;x&gt;aaa&lt;/x&gt;</abc>
so you need to create an abc with just that single text node in your
stylesheet, and then use the cdata-elements to request that it be output
using CDATA rather than &lt; (although it shouldn't make any difference
to the following application which form is used)

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew