RE: [xsl] Displaying only a subset of tags

Subject: RE: [xsl] Displaying only a subset of tags
From: "Jaime A Stuardo Bahamondes" <jstuardo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:39:03 -0400
The first problem is with this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="ROW[(@id &gt;= ((../paginacion/current - 1) * ../paginacion/window + 1)) and (@id &lt;=  ((../paginacion/current - 1) * ../paginacion/window + ../paginacion/window))]" />

the XML is something like this:

<SEARCH>
  <ROWSET>
    <ROW id="1">
    </ROW>
    <ROW id="2">
    </ROW>
  </ROWSET>
  <PAGING>" & _
    <WINDOW>10</window>
    <CURRENT>1</current>
  </PAGING>
</SEARCH>

Although ((../paginacion/current - 1) * ../paginacion/window + 1) and ((../paginacion/current - 1) * ../paginacion/window + ../paginacion/window) returns 1 and 10 respectively, nothing is shown in the page.

When I write 1 and 10 directly on that apply-templates, it works.

And if I have to use XSLT to make what I explained, you mean that I have to include page numbers in XML? I know how to use XSLT to display the numbers if they are contained in XML, but for that I need to return from database the total number of records existing in the database, and that was what I was trying to avoid.

Thanks
Jaime