[xsl] regular expressions in xslt, help

Subject: [xsl] regular expressions in xslt, help
From: fe.sola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:37:50 -0500
Hello all, I'm currently in a project where I need to sue regular expressions, I'm using
VS.NET and MSXML 4.0, but I have heard it only implements XSL 1.0 so regular expressions
are not allowed yet (please correct me if I'm wrong). I looked for exslt and downloaded
the package from the support site but I'm unable to make the transformation. The xsl
stylesheet looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
xmlns:regExp="http://exslt.org/regular-expressions"; extension-element-prefixes="regExp">
	<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
		<xsl:apply-templates select="regExp:match(normalize-space(.),'[\w]
</xsl:template>

Notice the regular expression used here is not important, I get an error telling me the
regExp namespace is not found and the function definition is missing.
I have the exslt stylesheets in the same directory of the xsl file.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Lizet