RE: [xsl] Filtering using list of params (Subtree creation?)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Filtering using list of params (Subtree creation?)
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:40:35 -0500
> From:     Chris Ward <cward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I want to know if there is a preferred method of filtering out multiple
> parts of a large XML using some form of parameter list/document.

I suggest two possible approaches, neither of which is what you describe:

1) Create a stylesheet for each view and select the appropriate one based on values from the query string of the submitting page.

2) Create a "view" parameter in single stylesheet with a large <xsl:choose> section. Then create individual named templates to be called based on the value of the view parameter as determined in the <xsl:choose>. Like this:

  <xsl:param name="view" />

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$view = 'global'>
        <xsl:call-template name="global" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="$view = 'euro'>
        <xsl:call-template name="euro" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="$view = 'london'>
        <xsl:call-template name="london" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="$view = 'new york'>
        <xsl:call-template name="new-york" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="$view = 'paris'>
        <xsl:call-template name="paris" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="$view = 'madrid'>
        <xsl:call-template name="madrid" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="$view = 'tokyo'>
        <xsl:call-template name="tokyo" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:call-template name="not-authorized" />
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email