Re: [xsl] Element Declaration Problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Element Declaration Problem
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:39:23 +0000
Hi Philip,

Not long ago, I was told to seek answers of that kind at the following mailing list:
xmlschema-dev@xxxxxx

Anyhow, I believe the answer to be that you are missing a type attribute on your element, for example:
<xs:element name="Vehicle" type="xs:string">
If you want a string.

(I am a newbie myself, so seek help at the above mailing list).

Sincerely,
Ragulf Pickaxe :)

Hi, For the element given below <Vehicle type="car">ToyotaCamry</Vehicle>

My Xsl validation fails saying Vehicle is supposed to be a empty tag

my schema is
<xs:element name="Vehicle">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:attribute name="type" type="xs:normalizedString" use="
required"/>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

What should I change in the schema so that the XSLT works ?

thanks,
Philip