RE: [xsl] multi-document question

Subject: RE: [xsl] multi-document question
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:59:33 +0100
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bruce D'Arcus
>
> With this, then:
>
>     <xsl:template match="mods">
>          <exsl:document href="{@id}.mods" method="xml">
>          <xsl:copy>
>                  <xsl:copy-of select="." />
>          </xsl:copy>
>          </exsl:document>
>     </xsl:template>

Try removing the surrounding <xsl:copy ...>, optionally replace it with:

<xsl:element name="modsCollection">
  <xsl:copy-of select="." />
</xsl:element>

> Finally, I should probably tackle is this:
>
> I am using some identifier to name the individual files.  In this case
> it is the id on the mods element. In other cases, it will be another
> element within mods called identifier with a type attribute value of
> citekey.  In still other cases, this identifier may be missing
> altogether and I'd want to construct by perhaps selecting the first
> author family name and the year.
>
> If I want to do this, what is the best strategy?

Depends... In the 'other cases', is the id attribute going to be absent (or
have a special value)?
In that case, certainly look around for the usage of
<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when />
  <xsl:otherwise />
</xsl:choose>

You can use this inside the template you already have.

Cheers,

Andreas