Re: [xsl] Performance tuning in msxsl/msxml !!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance tuning in msxsl/msxml !!
From: Kevin Jones <kjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:47:05 +0000
On Wednesday 26 November 2003 20:57, Dipesh Khakhkhar wrote:
> Because i tried to use other
> processor but for me and my stylesheet i found that MSXSL was
> best cosidering performance as the most important parameter.

If you have not already tried jd.xslt you might want to give it a
go. The newer versions give slightly better performance with
MSXML on some benchmarks we use.

> I am using xsl:key element
> to get unique elements within one particular node and that
> node is repeated many times. How do i tune that ? I am not
> using // for any search and no white spaces also.

I have found in the past that you can sometimes get significant
gains with the help of a profile of your stylesheet execution. I
think there are a couple of tools out there to do this, search
google. I can also do the same on our processor if you can pass
us a sample of your code. This list is also pretty good a
spotting problems from code snippets if your stylesheets are too
big.

Regards,
Kev
Sarvega Inc.