Re: [xsl] Passing XML data to HTML form

Subject: Re: [xsl] Passing XML data to HTML form
From: JCS <subscriber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 07:48:53 +1300
On 2/12/03 6:26 AM, "SHEIKH Sajjad" <Sajjad.SHEIKH@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps other way around.
>
> I have constructed the URL in its typical shape.  For example,
> c:\1xml\request_form.html?id=xxx&modified=yyy etc
>
> What I want now is to use the values of URL.
> Value of id is set to xxx and modified which is set to yyy as an input
> to my form so I will get it prefilled.
>
> So you have any example for that?
> That will be a great help!

Ah, I think I understand now what you're trying to do... You have a *query
string* from a URI and you want to pass the variables to your HTML form?

I use PHP with XSLT processing so this is quite easy for me, however I'm not
sure which route you can use to GET variables passed from a query string. I
can pass a parameter array from PHP to an XSL stylesheet but that's through
a PHP function. I do that quite often.

I guess you just need something to GET the URI query string and pass it into
your stylesheet?

/johnny :)

--
"You'll see it when you believe it."