Re: [xsl] Element type "xsl:stylesheet" must be declared

Subject: Re: [xsl] Element type "xsl:stylesheet" must be declared
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:25:01 GMT
  I need to declare some entities in my stylesheet.
  Something like:

You never _need_ to declare entities in your stylesheet, for example if
you did not declare nbsp you could just use &#160; instead which is just
as easy to type, and doesn't involve the syntax complications of a
<!DOCTYPE at the top, and will produce identical output (since it forms
identical input to xslt)

Some parsers (notably microsoft ones) default to validating mode if the
file starts with a doctype. You definitely do not want that for xslt.
If it is msxml and you are calling the parser from script you can explictly
set the validate property to false on the xml document object before
parsing the document.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew