Re: [xsl] How do you un-escape in HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do you un-escape in HTML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:25:24 GMT

> In the XML file I have escapes e.g. &apos; for '

No. If you had that you would be fine and it would all just work
(although actually you don't need to quote ' as &apos; unless you want
to)

What you have is double escaped, first you have replaced ' by &_apos;
then you have replaced that by &_amp;apos;

The solution is not to do that.

If I read your replace script right then you will do the same with < as
well:

   '* Get rid of occurrences of '<'
   strContentCandidate = Replace(strContentCandidate, "<", "&lt;")

   '* Get rid of occurrences of '>'
   strContentCandidate = Replace(strContentCandidate, ">", "&gt;")

   '* Get rid of occurrences of '&'
   strContentCandidate = Replace(strContentCandidate, "&", "&amp;")

won't that replace < by &_lt; and then &_amp;lt;

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew