Re: [xsl] how to estimate speed of a transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to estimate speed of a transformation
From: Niko Matsakis <niko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:13:28 -0500 (EST)
> Some of my coleagues believe that using named templates rather than match
> templates are better in performance terms. I've no idea it's true. Actually
> I don't think so, but I would like to have the opinion of this list.

I would say that calling name templates is likely to be faster, but it's
also likely that you won't notice.  In other words, it's highly unlikely
that the bottleneck in your program is matching against templates when you
could be using named templates.

In any case, I don't really see how calling any named template could be slower
in any decent implementation.

Niko Matsakis