Re: [xsl] Xref numbering test

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xref numbering test
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:59:17 -0500
Norma,

In this case, extend the logic David told you about to use templates instead of a for-each:

<xsl:template match="xref">
  <xsl:text>(See </xsl:text>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="key('ids',@xrefid)" mode="xref"/>
  <xsl:text>.)</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="figure" mode="xref">
  <xsl:text>Figure </xsl:text>
  <xsl:number level="any"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="step" mode="xref">
<xsl:text>Step </xsl:text>
<xsl:number level="multiple" from="chapter" format="1.1.1"/> <!-- or whatever it's going to be -->
</xsl:template>

...so you use templates to sort out the different types of reference targets. (A good reference book will give you details on fancy ways to use xsl:number.)

Cheers,
Wendell