Re: [xsl] Problem sorting alphabetically: all uppercase entries come first.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem sorting alphabetically: all uppercase entries come first.
From: Matthew Zimmerman <mz34@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:15:47 -0500
Mainly Sablotron.

It sorts in Saxon, but the web application I am using uses Sablotron.

On Dec 16, 2003, at 9:27 AM, Jeff Kenton wrote:

David Carlisle wrote:
You can see it works quite well except that words starting with uppercase letters come first. I am guessing it is sorting by ASCII values.
We had a long thread on sorting uppercase a while back.
It turns out that the whole world (including at least some xslt
implementors, but not including Stan and me) took a very unreasonable
reading of the sorting specification in the XSLT spec.
the end result is that you should get "sensible" results in all
processors but you will get different results.
I think in this case you want a case insensitive sort and its basically
english text so..

I'm pretty sure that the XSLT spec requires this kind of sorting (dictionary order). What processor are you using?

MZ