[xsl] Re: pretty-printing XML into HTML

Subject: [xsl] Re: pretty-printing XML into HTML
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:17:37 +0100
> So... if this is a "normal" thing to do, hopefully somebody has
> already written a pretty good XML-to-HTML pretty-printer in XSL?
> It seemed to me there was an extension function in Saxon or in
> XSLT 2.0 that would serialize a source tree fragment, hopefully
> with indentation, but I can't find a reference to it right now.
> Any ideas?

This has been done years ago. For example look at the code of the
stylesheets used by the XPath Visualizer (both for IE and Mozilla). These
are adaptations of the original vendors' stylesheets with correction of some
errors -- e.g. namespace definitions and the escaping of &.

Dimitre Novatchev,

FXSL developer