RE: [xsl] Continue seqlist numbering

Subject: RE: [xsl] Continue seqlist numbering
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:17:07 -0000
I said:
> >Anyway, this is another ideal situation for building the
> structure you
> >want in a variable first, and then operating on that (which
> has been in
> >many other posts today).

Ken replied:
> But not with pure XSLT 1.0 ... only with extensions or XSLT
> 2.0 ... in pure
> XSLT 1.0 there is no access to a variable for XPath or XSLT
> processing.

Isn't this just a technicality these days - it's well known and agreed
that it should've been in there in the first place so I think we can all
safely move on and say 'xslt 1.0 + node-set() is xslt 1.0'.

Didn't early 6.5.x versions of Saxon even treat RTF's as node-sets
automatically?  I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying do we really
need to point it out every time in every reply for fear of being picked
up on it?

cheers
andrew