Re: [xsl] White space

Subject: Re: [xsl] White space
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:42:46 GMT
Your question isn't very clear:-)

In particular, is the space just gone from the rendered document or have
they already gone in the XML version of the FO file produced by xslt.

  version="1.0" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
  <xsl:template match="Root">
  <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

That looks OK, although there is of course no need to redeclare the fo
namespace prefix again on <fo:root, as it is already in scope at that
point.

  If we change the template so that it no longer references XSL Transform to
  the following:

You lost me, how can you change an xsl template not to reference xsl?

  <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

That, presumably, isn't the template you are showing but the result
file?

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew