Re: [xsl] FO page width size according to print settings

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO page width size according to print settings
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:37:23 GMT

> Unless Acrobat can tell from the generated pdf what the page size will
> be?

acrobat knows the page dimensions specified in the pdf and it knows the
page size specified for the printer. It's a user supplied check box
option whether to shrink (and in more recent releases also expand)
the document to fit the page when printing.

Personally I tend to turn off page shrinking, as having specified
dimensions to a fraction of a pt in the TeX, I don't really want some
stupid print driver squashing it as it has a different idea about the
size of the printable area on my printer. However I know I have turned
it off so if I print an A3 page and only an A4 area is actually printed
then I know it's my fault (I'd also be surprised that an A3 sheet had
fitted through my printer, but that's probably not relevant here:-)

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew