RE: [xsl] Using Extension Functions - Its Efficiency

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using Extension Functions - Its Efficiency
From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:54:15 -0800
Well, doing so partially defeats the purpose of using XSLT, since it
means your stylesheets will not work in many other systems.  It begs the
question, if you find that Java is needed, then why use XSL at all?  Why
not just write the app in Java?

In any case, if you want to still use XSL and be as portable as
possible, I would recommend using the exslt templates at www.exslt.org
before giving up and writing your own extensions.

XSLs.