RE: [xsl] Any X Based XSL Generators ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Any X Based XSL Generators ?
From: "S.Murali Krishna" <ismk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:17:56 +0530 (IST)
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Lars Huttar wrote:

>I'm curious about your question.
>What do you mean by "X Based" -- X Window System?

I mean X window system. (Tk, Gtk, etc., based )

>Also, why non-Java? As you're probably aware, that eliminates
>several major cross-platform XSLT processors.

Thats fine, but I'm just planning for developing a X based XSL Editor/Generator
sort of application, so I'm just looking around whether any prior, applicatios
are already there ( so not to reinvent the wheel! ). Please help me on this.

>You might take a look at http://www.altova.com/support_platform_linux.html
>It says you can run XMLSpy under Wine.
>"xmlspyR 2004 has been successfully tested on Red Hat Linux 8.0 using Wine 20030115"
>(http://www.altova.com/support_platforms.html)
>Personally though I rarely use Altova's XSLT processor as it
>has some inconvenient bugs.
>
>Also look at http://www.xmlsoftware.com/xslt.html (e.g. "libxslt")
>and http://www.xmlsoftware.com/xsltutils.html
>(e.g. "XSLTC", an XSLT -> C++ compiler in C++).

Thanks, I'll have a look.

--
Regards
S. Murali Krishnan