Re: [xsl] converting escaped values to literal for text output

Subject: Re: [xsl] converting escaped values to literal for text output
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:53:35 GMT
  What is the best way to convert xml escape values like `&amp;',
  `&#x00C1;' etc to their literal values for text output.
  I need this method for my own stylesheet which I use to convert
  proprietary XML to text.

An XML parser will do this automatically while parsing your source and
stylesheet so the XSLT engine will just see character data whether or
not it was entered directly or via a character reference.

So, there is nothing that you need do.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew