[xsl] Re: to access a particular token in a comma separated string by specifying a numerical value ?

Subject: [xsl] Re: to access a particular token in a comma separated string by specifying a numerical value ?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:44:57 +0100
Use the "str-split-to-words" template from FXSL.

There are numerous examples of using this template in the archives of
xsl-list. See an early example here:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2001-11/msg00901.html

In your case this transformation:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
 xmlns:ext="http://exslt.org/common";

   <xsl:import href="strSplit-to-Words.xsl"/>

   <xsl:output indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

    <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:call-template name="str-split-to-words">
        <xsl:with-param name="pStr" select="/"/>
        <xsl:with-param name="pDelimiters"
                        select="', &#9;&#10;&#13;'"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

when applied on this source.xml:

<t>10, 20,  30,40,   50</t>

produces:

<word>10</word>
<word>20</word>
<word>30</word>
<word>40</word>
<word>50</word>

Note that a delimiter may be anyone from a string of characters -- thus you
could delimit some of your yokens with a coma, with a coma and spaces, with
a semicolon or with whatever you need, and some other tokens with something
else.

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.
FXSL developer,

"SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx> wrote in message
How can I access a particular token in a comma separated string by
specifying a numerical value for the token number using XSL?

Assuming, my xsl:variable or xsl:parameter holds a string with
comma-separated values as shown below:

<xsl:variable name="ValuesString" select="'10,20,30,40,50'"/>

How would I go about finding a way to pick out the value specified by a
count that maps another variable/parameter.

Open to Ideas :)
Thanks,

Abhishek