Re: [xsl] Empty object

Subject: Re: [xsl] Empty object
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:37:14 GMT
> my input xml file has <OBJECT attribute=x..blah>&nbsp;</OBJECT>

If it has that, your input file had better have a doctype defining nbsp
to be something, otherwise your input is not well formed xml and you
should get no output from any xml system.

To copy that to the result you don't need to do anything different in
the stylesheet than if it had said <OBJECT
attribute=x..blah>zzz</OBJECT>
It's just an element with some character data, there is nothing special
about character 160 (which is what I assume you have defined nbsp to be)
For example
<xsl:copy-of select="OBJECT"/>
would copy the element and its content.

  How do I declare this same doctype in my stylesheet that already has my
  xsd declared?

You don't need to declare anything in teh stylesheet, you don't need the
entity and you can't really declare a schema (You can put a
schemaLocation attribute there but it will be ignored)

As a side issue
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="C:\DPXML\wiservice.xsd">
schemalocation (like html href) should be a URI not a windows file path
so
that should b
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:///C:/DPXML/wiservice.xsd">
the windows file path may work in some contexts on some systems but
won't work in general.

I assume that your mailer has mangled your message and that you did not
really define
<!DOCTYPE nbsp [<!ENTITY nbsp "& n b s p ;">]>
as defining nbsp to be nbsp would be a loop (and an error).

Also the first token after DOCTYPE should ne the element name of your
top level element not "nbsp" (although that is only a validity error,
not a well formedness error)

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew