Re: [xsl] Modify one element ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Modify one element ?
From: Lionel Crine <crine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:32:37 +0100
Thanks, I found it.
So I'm using an apply-templates on the element I want to change and copy the others.

Lionel

At 13:12 30/01/2004 +0000, you wrote:

Note that XSL has no method of updating an XML tree (unlike DOM
programming) so you can not modify an element you just copy every
element except that one.

Take the indentity transform stylesheet (which appears in the xslt spec,
the faq for this list and most days in te harchives of this list) then
just add one template that matches the element you want to change, and
make it produce the new element, eg

<xsl:template match="author[.='']">
  <author>Lionel</author>
</xsl:template>

would change all empty author elements to <author>Lionel</author>

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew