Re: [xsl] Re: libxslt version changes RTF or exsl node-set sorting behavior

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: libxslt version changes RTF or exsl node-set sorting behavior
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:38:46 +0100
On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 09:22:02AM +0100, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
> It seems to me that one distinguishing feature of good XSLT processor
> implementations is a flexible design, which anticipates new features to be
> added and allows to do this without pain.

  Well node-set() is not part of XSLT. It will in XSLT-2.0, it's
not nowadays. And in 1.0 it was clear that:
  - the processor had to differentiate RVT and node sets internally
    in order to raise errors on misuse of RVT
  - the fact that RVT existed was a clear indication that from
    a language perspective, the designer of said language expected
    both kind of set of nodes to be used very differently

As an implementor, I had to implement that checking and I based my
implementation on the spec. I had no reason *from the spec* to guess
that this distinction would not be enforced or broken in later revisions.
Concluding from that point that as a result my processor is not a
good XSLT implementation is a nice feedback, thank you,

Daniel

daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |