[xsl] NodeTest text()

Subject: [xsl] NodeTest text()
From: BODARD Gabriel <gabriel.bodard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:06:40 +0000 (GMT)
Dear all,

I am trying to use the text() nodetest to extract the text only value of
a string. Kay (2nd ed.) defines the function of text() as "selects all
text nodes on the relevant axis". So, I would expect the text() content
of the abbr element in:

to be 'Wills'. (This is within the definition of a key and also includes
normalise-space and translate, to complicate matters, but it should
still all work.) The trouble is that the output I get from this function
is 'Will', i.e. only the first text node, rather than all. Am I
misunderstanding the definition, misusing the nodetest, or is this a
problem with Saxon?

Many thanks for any advice.

--
Gabriel BODARD