RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:50:31 +0400 (AMT)
> From owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Wed Feb  4 03:12:24 2004
> From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT vs Perl
> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:54:44 -0000
>
> > Are you interested in implementation details?
> >
> No, but I'm interested in the syntax and semantics of the language.

Any good book on Perl describes the language in detail. The
syntax used above is from a real module. A popular book
describing Perl is ISBN: 1-56592-149-6, Programming Perl by Wall,
Christiansen and Schwartz.

Again, I am not a proponent of Perl. That was just to show that
perl does XML transformation staff - with just appropriate library
modules - just as well as XSLT, but may be with less sharpness
than XSLT 1.0 and without reflection (stylesheets can be transformed
with XSLT 1.0, perl programs cannot); and it does the rest
better than XSLT 2.0.

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/