Re: [xsl] Value at position()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Value at position()
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:12:53 GMT

> Now testing location1, if it has value A, B or C
>
> Its probably not the perfect way but it works fine!

by "fine" I assume you mean that it doesn't generate an error but it is
not doing anything like this stated requirement.

look again at what you wrote:

position()=last()-2='A'

position() is a number (eg 1)
last() is a number eg 5
so
position = last()-2
is a boolean
which is false() in this case as 1 = 5 - 2 is false
so then you are comparing the string 'A' with the boolean value false()
this will cause the system to convert the string to a boolean, all
non-empty strings convert to trrue() so then you are comparing
boolean(1 = 5 - 2) = boolean('A')
which is
false()=true()
which is false() so the test is false on all items except the 2nd from
last. The content of the element is not even looked at in this
expression.

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew