[xsl] Generate list of XSL Stylesheets from XML root node

Subject: [xsl] Generate list of XSL Stylesheets from XML root node
From: kakridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:42:12 -0500
I realize part of my problem is specific to .NET, so I will only focus on the XML/XSLT portion.  Let's say that I have one xml file that can be used by 10 different stylesheets to generate different reports.  Right now I am giving the user 20 different stylesheet selections, 10 of which will not work with the specific data.  I want to only list the 10 reports that work.  Is there a way for me to match the root node with a specific stylesheet?  For instance, if my XML root node is <ArrayOfClassRoster>, is there an element I can create in the XSL that I can check to see in order to determine if it can be run with this XML?

My thought is to loop through all of my stylesheets and return all matches to the xml root node.  If anyone has a better way of dynamically matching the xml to xsl, I would appreciate it.  I thought of using a db, but I don't want the overhead of maintaining that data.

Thanks.