RE: [xsl] Flagging for No records found?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Flagging for No records found?
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:20:59 +0200
Hi,

> I am trying to implement some logic to see if my XSL code
> found, and then
> displayed, any records. Try as I may I cannot find a clean
> way to do this. I
> cannot set a flag, nor can I increment a count when I find a
> record so I
> don't know how else to trap this. If no records meet the

If you're trying to change the value of a variable, you're out of luck in XSLT.

> criteria then I'd
> simply like to output a 'No Records Found' message.
>
> The code below is an extract from the XSL, if I don't display
> any results
> then at the end I want to print 'No records found'.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!
>
>   <xsl:template match="/">
>
>      <xsl:for-each select="xdql/object/content/content_chunk">
>
>       <xsl:sort select="content_link"/>
>
>       <xsl:choose>
>
>        <xsl:when test="((product = $product) or ($product = 'All'))">
>
>          <!-- I need to know if I ever got here .... -->

xsl:message for debugging messages is always useful.

>            <a>
>             <xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:value-of
> select="content_link/@ref"/></xsl:attribute>
>             <xsl:value-of select="content_link"/>
>            </a>

>        </xsl:when>
>       </xsl:choose>
>
>      </xsl:for-each>
>
>      <!-- Print 'no records found' if nothing passed the ;when

<xsl:if test="not(xdql/object/content/content_chunk)">
  <xsl:text>no records found</xsl:text>
<xsl:if>

You might want to store the "xdql/object/content/content_chunk" node-set into a variable for performance.

Cheers,

Jarno - Tactical Sekt: Xfixiation (Myer Burns the Dancefloor mix by Haujobb)