Re: [xsl] nodes or multiple runs?

Subject: Re: [xsl] nodes or multiple runs?
From: Paul Tremblay <phthenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:11:37 -0500
On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 10:58:55AM -0000, Michael Kay wrote:

> Running multiple transformations in a pipeline is just fine, it helps to
> keep the transformation stages modular. Try to chain them in a SAX
> pipeline, however, rather than serializing and parsing between each
> transformation step.

Thanks. I just did an hour-long search on how to use SAX to form a
pipeline. An article on IBM's website states that using SAX is an
effecient way to chain stylesheets together.

However, all of the examples I have come across (including the one in
the back of the 2nd edition of your book) use java. I am clueless about
java. I could cut and paste from a java example, but then I run into the
risk of making small mistakes in a language I am unfamiliar with.

The documentation for the python XML modules is really poor, unlike
those for java.

Paul