Re: [xsl] Normalize / Simplify HTML-Tables with row-span / col-span

Subject: Re: [xsl] Normalize / Simplify HTML-Tables with row-span / col-span
From: Jeff Kenton <jkenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:42:14 -0500

David,

I've been following your discusiion with Michael here -- I'm curious if you have any examples where RTF's in 1.0 are much faster than
the corresponding behavior in 2.0? It doesn't seem intuitive to me.

--jeff

David Tolpin wrote:
In SAXON 6, I had to switch between tiny tree and normal tree models
to get performance close to XT for various stylesheets (which was
still almost twice faster -- in one particular but rather important
case).

My impression is that restrictions imposed by RTF could be used to
implement RTF generation more efficiently than node-sets.

Since many stylesheets just generate result tree in one pass and
do not convert them into node-sets (in XSLT 1.0), a good implementation
could implement RTF in a much more efficent way than node-set.

David Tolpin