Re: [xsl] Re: Counting nodes efficiently

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Counting nodes efficiently
From: Brian Grainger <granam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:06:39 -0700
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:45:42 +0100, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe I don't understand well something -- why don't you use generate-id|()?

I was thinking that I needed an id which encoded the node's position within the source document. It turns out that any kind of random or non-random id is fine as long as it is guaranteed to be unique within a document. I can use the document order to imply sequentiality.

(The input XML encodes musical notation, so information about the precise sequence of the elements musn't be lost)

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Regards,
Brian