Re: [xsl] xsl -> xhtml and xlmns-namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl -> xhtml and xlmns-namespace
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:23:29 GMT
  1) What do I have to add to my .xsl-file to have '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
  "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";> !-->' added as the
  first line of my output?

use the doctype-public and doctype-system attribuutes of xsl:output to
specify these.

  2) Why is xmlns="..." added in <a href="..">-tags? That's not XHTML-valid!

It is valid to have the xhtml namespace on any XHTML element, but if
XSLT is adding it there it presumably means that the parent element is
_not_ in the XHTML namespace, which would be incorrect XHTML. But
without seeing a sample, can't say why it is producing that.

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew