Re: [xsl] XML Embedded in XSL Embedded in XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML Embedded in XSL Embedded in XML
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:07:32 -0500
Eric,

In the XPath data model, each node has a "Base URI" associated with it, which you could use for this purpose if you could only get access to it. Unfortunately there's no function in XPath 1.0 that will give it to you.

There may be hacks or tricks you could use, or honest extension functions, to get this value, depending on your processor. But the easiest and most portable way to get the value into your stylesheet is simply to pass the file name in as a string parameter, at runtime.

Ask again if you can't figure out how to do this.

Oh, and, strictly speaking you're not allowed to use "xml" as an element name (though not all processors enforce this restriction).

Cheers,
Wendell