RE: [xsl] #Please Help: Nested conditions

Subject: RE: [xsl] #Please Help: Nested conditions
From: "Matthias Fischer" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:00:54 +0100
<Q> Well, I'd recommend to buy an XSLT book first and start reading
<Q> it at the beginning.
I've got two of them, and I am trying hard. I must admit that there have
been things that were less awkward for me to understand. So, please,
just do not refuse me a bit of your help...

<Q> Never ever use disable-output-escaping without reason.
Ok.

<Q> You got something seriously wrong here too. The element-available()
<Q> function is for dealing with extension elements in the style sheet.
Ok.

<Q>    <xsl:template match="table">
<Q>      <xsl:copy>
<Q>         <xsl:copy-of select="TITLE"/>
<Q>         <xsl:if test="TROW[TH]">
<Q>           <THEAD>
<Q>              <xsl:apply-templates select="TROW[TH]"/>
<Q>           </THEAD>
<Q>         </xsl:if>
<Q>         <xsl:if test="TROW[not(TH)]">
<Q>           <TBODY>
<Q>              <xsl:apply-templates select="TROW[not(TH)]"/>
<Q>           </TBODY>
<Q>         </xsl:if>
<Q>      </xsl:copy>
<Q>    </xsl:template>
<Q>    <xsl:template match="node()|@*>
<Q>      <xsl:copy>
<Q>        <xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*/>
<Q>      </xsl:copy>
<Q>    </xsl:template>
Your expression: <xsl:template match="node()|@*> processes all "children
of something" (Kay, 432). What I have difficulty to grasp is: children
of what? All children of something downstream from the child note of
<TROW>, which was the last to be processed?

- Matthias