RE: [xsl] Tag insertion problem while forming xml output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Tag insertion problem while forming xml output
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:56:48 +0200
Hi,

> I have written xsl and used conditional statement i.e.
> <xsl:when> (To take
> care for first 3 <Table> tags in the input file) and
> <xsl:otherwise> (For the
> rest of the <Table> tags in the input file.
> But I am not able to write tags like <FixedTables>, </FixedTables>,
> </VaryingTables> and <VaryingTables>, since i can't write
> these tags in
> <xsl:choose> randomly. Further i tried to use

That's the bit, you're trying to "write these tags", when in XSLT you don't write tags but rather create nodes into the result tree. If you want the first three tables in FixedTables and the rest in VaryingTables:

<xsl:template match="Tables">
  <FixedTables>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="Table[position() &lt;= 3]"/>
  </FixedTables>
  <VaryingTables>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="Table[position() > 3]"/>
  </VaryingTables>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template name="@* | node()">
  <xsl:copy>