[xsl] ignoring   when transforming xml to wml

Subject: [xsl] ignoring   when transforming xml to wml
From: "Gill Shields" <gill__shields@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:58:38 +0000
I am doing a project which requires HTML to be converted to WML, the HTML has been converted to XML and now I am trying to write a stylesheet that will transform the XML into WML. However I am having a problem with the &nbsp; Is there an easy way to get the stylesheet to ignore these? Because when they are left in there is no output from the transformation but if I just delete the &nbsp; from the XML file then the transformation goes ahead properly.
I have tried using <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;&nbsp;</xsl:text> but this does not seem to solve my problem and apparently its bad form to use it anyway.

Please can anyone help?

(I have tried looking through the archive but there is SO much I cant find what Im looking for!)

Thanks, Gillian Shields.